Residential Rubber Mulch
Residential Rubber Mulch
Payment as low as$0.2398 per month
Rubber mulch is made from premium rubber products and are designed to meet a wide variety of application needs. We use Playsafer™ rubber mulch and these products have become the industry standard for quality and innovation in surfacing products.
Rubber mulch is made from premium rubber products and is designed to meet a wide variety of application needs. We use Playsafer™ rubber mulch and these products have become the industry standard for quality and innovation in surfacing products.
Why Rubber Mulch? Rubber mulch is made from premium rubber products and is designed to meet a wide variety of application needs. We use Playsafer™ rubber mulch and these products have become the industry standard for quality and innovation in surfacing products.
Naturally Shock Absorbant. From the moment you walk onto Soft Landing Rubber, you will instantly feel the bounce and cushion that rubber mulch provides. It will not become compact, so it keeps its soft composition and texture for years.
- Made from 100% Recycled American Rubber
- Earth Tone and Fun Vibrant Colors
- 99.9% Metal Free
- Meets ASTM 1292 and ADA Guidelines
- Inhibits mold and fungi growth reducing children's allergy risks
- Available Uncolored to Save on Playground Budgets
- Let us provide you a free quote for your playground project
Six inches of rubber mulch results in a critical fall height of 11 feet. At the same 6" depth, wood mulch has a critical fall height of 7' and pea gravel has a critical fall height of 5'. Even though residential users are not required to use critical fall heights when determining how much of a substrate to buy, you can easily see how even 3" of rubber mulch will provide a safer surface than other products at the same depth.
CLEANER THAN OTHER SUBSTRATE CHOICES
- Does not mildew, rot, mild or decompose
- After the rain, any dust that has formed on the rubber mulch will run off the rubber
- Unlike wood mulch and pea gravel that quickly decompose or become slimy, rubber mulch stays relatively clean
- Rubber Mulch is cleaner than wood mulch, so your children do not become as dirty or messy during play
- Rubber Mulch drains and dries quickly (15-30 minutes after rain)
- Does not attract animals or insects like wood mulch
SAFER THAN OTHER SUBSTRATE CHOICES
- Is non-toxic and harmless to the environment
- Will not cause slivers, cuts or bruises like other products
- If thrown, is less likely to cause injury as compared to wood or gravel products
- As with wood mulch or pea gravel, to prevent any risk of choking, We recommend that parents prevent their children from swallowing rubber mulch.
Rubber Mulch looks like natural wood mulch, without all the negative characteristics of wood mulch. Many professional landscapers buy rubber mulch instead of wood mulch. Using rubber mulch not only makes the play area safer, but it also gives it a clean professional look.
EASE OF USE
Rubber mulch is extremely easy to transport and spread. Since rubber mulch is sold in bags, you don't need a special truck to bring it home like bulk mulch products. To help prevent weeds from growing through the mulch, we recommend that a landscape fabric is used under rubber mulch. Spreading the product doesn't require any special tools and can be done by one person.
Though rubber mulch may seem more expensive than other substrate choices, it will not compact, decompose or pulverize, so a one-time application will last for years. Wood mulch products decompose yearly, so they need to be replenished 33% to 50% annually. When you compare the cost, labor, and mess of buying mulch yearly, versus buying rubber mulch once, you'll find rubber mulch is very economical Recycled rubber provides dependable fall protection that exceeds the protection provided by woodchips, sand, and other surfacing alternatives.
Other product benefits include:
- Clean, safe 100% recycled rubber – 99.9% steel wire free
- ASTMF 1292-04 Approved – exceeds US Consumer Products Safety Commission standards
- Five times heavier than wood
- Fungi free reducing allergy risks
- Decay resistant to provide a consistently cleaner, safer play environment
- Labor saving – one application lasts for years without replacement or fading
- Non-toxic – safe for children, animals, and plants
- Ideal for landscaping too!
Our products are made entirely of superior materials, offering Natural Select, Redwood, Cedar, Poplar, and Poly Lumber. The result is a beautiful long lasting lumber built to last. Our lumber is milled to a smooth surface and edges are rounded to remove sharp corners. After that it is carefully sorted to almost eliminate unsightly knobs and irregular wood grain. Almost all of our items come assembled using only highest quality galvanized, stainless steel or plated hardware.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with a purchase you may exchange it for equal or greater value item within 10 days. Large items may such as playsets, storage buildings and gazebos, due to their custom nature, will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.